Questions and answers in English and other foreign languages

Модератор: anno_nin

Ответить
oztech
Благодарил (а): 578 раз

#61 oztech » 15 июл 2020, 00:03

Мэри, нет, все не так. Разница в налогах. Но нюансы должен объяснить тот, кто лучше владеет языком.
MYRobinson, no, it's not like that. The difference in taxes. But the nuances should be explained by the one who knows the language better.
Григорий

Белка_к
Благодарил (а): 602 раза

#62 Белка_к » 15 июл 2020, 00:09

oztech писал(а):
15 июл 2020, 00:03
who knows the language better.
probably, there is a proper description in Wikipedia!?...but I've got to admit that (for my own purposes) I couldn't find it neither in Russian or English.
[b]Абрамзон[/b] (Россия), Бак (Утяны, Пенза), Канельский/Конельский (Умань, Одесса, Караганда),Килимник (Липовец), Цейтлин (Одесса, Шклов), Марциновский, Миславский/Маславский/Масловский (Одесса, Украина), Молдавер (Умань, Одесса, Караганда). ИСАТ/ИЗАТ/Иосат(Умань)

MCB
Благодарил (а): 2026 раз

#63 MCB » 15 июл 2020, 00:26

Белка_к писал(а):
15 июл 2020, 00:09
proper description in Wikipedia!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_es ... ian_Empire

but probably better here
https://yivoencyclopedia.org/article.aspx/Estate_System

Anyway it's a question for Google, not for a Russian forum IMVHO
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск), Лапицкий (Копысь, Киев)

MYRobinson
Благодарил (а): 2 раза

#64 MYRobinson » 15 июл 2020, 00:39

Thank you all for trying to help me better understand the Russian social estate system, as confusing as it is for an American.You were correct, Mocba, the YIVO article was a little clearer for me.

MYRobinson

Fishing Rights Certificates

#65 MYRobinson » 15 июл 2020, 02:04

Why were Guild Fishing Rights Certificates necessary:
1.Who received them
2.What rights did the certificates give?
3.Who gave the certificates?

oztech

#66 oztech » 15 июл 2020, 12:43

MYRobinson писал(а):
15 июл 2020, 02:04
Guild Fishing Rights Certificates
What is this? Would you like to show the scan or link?
Григорий

MYRobinson

#67 MYRobinson » 16 июл 2020, 00:17

1892 Guild Fishing Rights Certificates information:
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 5.12.43 PM.png
Did I trans late it incorrectly?
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

MCB

#68 MCB » 16 июл 2020, 00:24

MYRobinson писал(а):
16 июл 2020, 00:17
Did I trans late it incorrectly?
Of course you didn't, hence the confused silence. There is nothing about fishing, just about new artisan guild members. It is ALWAYS important to show the real Russian text along with auto-translation if you ever hope to avoid confusion
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск), Лапицкий (Копысь, Киев)

oztech

#69 oztech » 16 июл 2020, 01:18

MYRobinson писал(а):
16 июл 2020, 00:17
1892 Guild Fishing Rights Certificates information:
Чтобы вступить в гильдию купцов, нужно было заплатить за свидетельство, действительное в течение одного года. В представленном Вами заголовке речь идет о списке евреев, которые заплатили за свидетельства на 1892 год.
To join the merchant Guild, you had to pay for a certificate that was valid for one year. The title you provided is a list of Jews who paid for such certificates for 1892.
Григорий

MYRobinson

#70 MYRobinson » 16 июл 2020, 04:44

Ah Ha!!! Thank you so much for correcting my confusion & translation!!! But,alas, that is how Google translates the information to English!!

MYRobinson

#71 MYRobinson » 28 авг 2020, 23:36

I am trying to post the following question on the page to be used for questions in English (and other languages). I don't see the box in which to enter a new topic. Help!!

Here is my question that I would like to post:

What were Certificates of Marital Status/Family Status" in Empire of Russia? (семейномъ положении)? Was this proof of social class?? Why/when was it necessary? I saw this in the 1900 Kiev Province Certificate of Marriages documents, made available by Alex Krakovsky.

Example:
https://tinyurl.com/y623b34j

image 214 Moshka-Leyba ZEVELEV

Thank you,
Marilyn

MCB

#72 MCB » 28 авг 2020, 23:53

MYRobinson писал(а):
28 авг 2020, 23:36
What were Certificates of Marital Status/Family Status" in Empire of Russia? (семейномъ положении)? Was this proof of social class?? Why/when was it necessary? I saw this in the 1900 Kiev Province Certificate of Marriages documents, made available by Alex Krakovsky.
In this file, people request proof of family status to get deferrals of military draft and/or to explain why they didn't report to the draft board.

MYRobinson

#73 MYRobinson » 29 авг 2020, 00:30

Thanks so much for the super fast reply, Mockba!

jkiley

#74 jkiley » 27 сен 2020, 09:26

Hello! I am looking for information on Menachem Blaufuchs. He lived in Warsaw and died in 1918 from the flu. Sarah Bein was his wife (I believe they were married in April 1893). They had 7 children and one was named Pessa Szandl. He may have been a book keeper. His father was a grain merchant.

I can't find information about him on JRI-poland or in address directories.

Я ищу информацию о Менахеме Блауфуксе. Он жил в Варшаве, умер в 1918 году от гриппа. Жена Сара Бейн (женился в апреле 1893). У них было 7 детей. Одна из них - Песя Зандель. Возможно, он был бухгалтером. Его отец торговал зерном.

Я не могу найти информацию о нем ни в JRI-poland, ни в адресных справочниках.

rwarzer

Не знаете, где спросить? Спросите здесь

#75 rwarzer » 20 дек 2020, 22:41

Hello,

I am looking for information about my great-grandmother's family who lived in Odessa. Last names are Warzer or something that sounds like Posimentirov / Posemontirow. I am having trouble finding any documents but I know Diana and Isaac Warzer lived on Hoholia / Gogol St. in Odessa around the turn of the century. I do not speak Russian unfortunately.

Thank you

rexlafferty

#76 rexlafferty » 26 дек 2020, 21:29

Greetings.

I am an American researcher and would like to introduce myself. My great-grandparents lived in Pereyslav, Poltava and emigrated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1905. Their names were Menachem Mendel Aderman and Ruchel Bershteyn. Menachem Mendel and Ruchel were unmarried when they ran away from their families in Pereyaslav in 1905 and married in the town of Brody when they crossed the border into Austria-Hungary. They then traveled onto Glasgow where they sailed to New York. I have traced their ancestors in Pereyslav back to about the year 1800. Ruchel's mother's maiden name was Slava Aksert. Aksert seems like an unusual and rare Jewish surname.

Another pair of great-grandparents lived in Tulchin, Podolia and their names were Chaim Dvorkis and Ruchel Manastyrski. Chaim and Ruchel were married in Tulchin in 1904 and sailed to America later that year, settling in Boston. I can trace the Dvorkis family in the Tulchin area back to about the 1820s.

I am hoping to see if I can find additional documents relating to my ancestors on this site that I have not found yet and I look forward to meeting many of you here.

I am including photos here that were taken in Tulchin. The first is my great-grandfather Chaim Dvorkis and his mother BatSheva taken around the year 1900. The second is of Chaim's father, my great-great-grandfather, Zelig Dvorkis, taken in Tulchin around 1890.

Приветствия. Я исследователь Америки и хотел бы представиться. Мои прадедушка и прадедушка жили в Переяславе, Полтаве и эмигрировали в Милщаукее, Щисцонсин в 1905 году. Их звали Меначем Мендел Адерман и Ручел Берштеын. Меначем Мендел и Ручел не состояли в браке, когда убежали от своих семей в Переяславе в 1905 году, и поженились в городе Броды, когда они перешли границу в Аустриа-Хунгары. Затем они отправились в Гласгощ, откуда отплыли в Нещ Ёрк. Я проследил их предков в Переяславе примерно до 1800 года. Девичья фамилия матери Ручельс была Слава Аксерт. Аксерт кажется необычной и редкой еврейской фамилией. Другая пара прадедов жила в Тулчине, Подолиа, и их звали Чаим Дворкис и Ручел Манастырски. Чаим и Ручел поженились в Тулчине в 1904 году и в том же году отплыли в Америцу, поселившись в Бостоне. Я могу проследить происхождение семьи Дворкис в районе Тулчин примерно с 1820-х годов. Я надеюсь увидеть, смогу ли я найти на этом сайте дополнительные документы, касающиеся моих предков, которых я еще не нашел, и я с нетерпением жду встречи со многими из вас здесь. Я включаю сюда фотографии, сделанные в Тулчине. Первый - мой прадед Чаим Дворкис и его мать БатШева, взятые около 1900 года. Второй - отец Чаимьс, мой прапрадед Зелиг Дворкис, взятые в Тулчин около 1890 года.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

RonaldsnopY

#77 RonaldsnopY » 28 дек 2020, 11:49

I am attempting to understand my results. I have an allele for Jewish 1 and an allele for Jewish 3 but they are in the same column. What does this mean? Does this mean I am Jewish?

Thank you,

Myron

oztech

#78 oztech » 28 дек 2020, 12:14

MOCKBA, вопрос RonaldsnopY, вроде, по Вашей части. Нужно ли его забирать в профильную тему - решайте.
Григорий

MCB

#79 MCB » 28 дек 2020, 12:58

RonaldsnopY писал(а):
28 дек 2020, 11:49
I am attempting to understand my results. I have an allele for Jewish 1 and an allele for Jewish 3 but they are in the same column. What does this mean? Does this mean I am Jewish?
You probably have results from DDC or one of their affiliated labs. Their services are very expensive but not meaningful. According to their own specifications, marker 1 is common for Jewish, Slavic, and Germanic peoples. Marker 3 isn't common for Jewish subjects, but it's very common in the Near East and some Mediterranean peoples.
oztech писал(а):
28 дек 2020, 12:14
MOCKBA, вопрос RonaldsnopY, вроде, по Вашей части. Нужно ли его забирать в профильную тему - решайте.
Кажется мы уже разбирали вопрос о DDC в главной теме о ДНК. Они выдают красивый, дорогой сертификат о "еврейских маркерах", но отличить еврея от других европейцев не в силах.

MYRobinson

Military Site: 1914-1918, https://gwar.mil.ru/

#80 MYRobinson » 31 дек 2020, 22:17

After many tries, I have been having difficulty accessing the Jewish records on the military site found at: https://gwar.mil.ru/
I was able to access them only once, last week.
I don't know if there are technical problems, if the site is very busy, or perhaps it is closed down for the holidays. Does anybody know??
Regards, Marilyn

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»