Questions and answers in English and other foreign languages

Модератор: anno_nin

Ответить
oztech
Благодарил (а): 578 раз

#81 oztech » 31 дек 2020, 22:31

Marilyn MYRobinson, may be it was techincal problems. We know this site, I checked your link just now - it looks like all right.
Григорий

MYRobinson
Благодарил (а): 2 раза

#82 MYRobinson » 02 янв 2021, 21:33

"115 by MYRobinson » December 31st, 2020, 3:17 pm

After many tries, I have been having difficulty accessing the Jewish records on the military site found at: https://gwar.mil.ru/
I was able to access them only once, last week.
I don't know if there are technical problems, if the site is very busy, or perhaps it is closed down for the holidays. Does anybody know??
Regards, Marilyn
oztech

#116 by oztech » December 31st, 2020, 3:31 pm
Marilyn MYRobinson, may be it was techincal problems. We know this site, I checked your link just now - it looks like all right."

Thank you Oztech. I did not express my problem with the military site, https://gwar.mil.ru/ , correctly. I can get onto the site. But, I am unable to open the pages of any of the documents related to Jews. I was able to do so only one time and that was over a week ago.
Here is an example of what I get:
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

oztech

#83 oztech » 03 янв 2021, 00:19

Marilyn MYRobinson, by the way, to insert a quote in your post, you do not need to copy and paste anything, just click the penultimate button in the quoted post (to the left of the "Спасибо (Thanks)" button). Then you can delete the extra text before you send the post. Only carefully, without damaging the tags in square brackets.
Григорий

Katja
Благодарил (а): 505 раз

#84 Katja » 03 янв 2021, 01:02

MYRobinson писал(а):
02 янв 2021, 21:33
"115 by MYRobinson » December 31st, 2020, 3:17 pm

After many tries, I have been having difficulty accessing the Jewish records on the military site found at: https://gwar.mil.ru/
I was able to access them only once, last week.
I don't know if there are technical problems, if the site is very busy, or perhaps it is closed down for the holidays. Does anybody know??
Regards, Marilyn
oztech

#116 by oztech » December 31st, 2020, 3:31 pm
Marilyn MYRobinson, may be it was techincal problems. We know this site, I checked your link just now - it looks like all right."

Thank you Oztech. I did not express my problem with the military site, https://gwar.mil.ru/ , correctly. I can get onto the site. But, I am unable to open the pages of any of the documents related to Jews. I was able to do so only one time and that was over a week ago.
Here is an example of what I get:
Have the same problem since aprox. a week. Get the same error notification.
Смоляр - Белиловка, Сквира и Киев / Барские - Златополь/Новомиргород, Звенигородка, Белая Церковь и Киев / Клигман - Солобковцы,Белая Церковь / Мирцин/Мирчин - Белая Церковь, Триполье / Хараб - Белая Церковь, Киев Ольшанецкие - Сквира и Киев / Вайнруб - Сквира, Киев, Таллин / Шапиро - Сквира, Киев, Челябинск / Гельзин - Чернигов и Киев / Розенвасер - Белая Церковь и Киев

MYRobinson

#85 MYRobinson » 03 янв 2021, 23:25

Thank you, Oztech.

dickler

#86 dickler » 07 янв 2021, 16:23

Hello everyone
This is my first post on the forum. I am researching the Dickler surname from the Mohyliv-Podilsky (actual Ukraine) and Ataky (actual Moldova) region. My grandfather Efroim (Frank) Dickler emigrated from there to Brazil in the 1920s. I have a family tree developed by several family members in the USA since the 1950s, which coincides very well with a Revision Lists from Bessarabia of 1874, but there are still several gaps to be filled, like the name of Frank’s mother, for example. Unfortunately, I still can't read Russian.
I would like to know in which areas of the forum I can post in English. I've already noticed that the surname Dickler appears in Alexander Beider's surname dictionaries. Can I post in English on the topics of dictionaries and the topic of questions to Alexander Beider? Thank you

Исследование фамилии Диклер, Могилев-Подольский и Атаки, предок уехал в Бразилию в 1920-е

MCB
Благодарил (а): 2026 раз

#87 MCB » 07 янв 2021, 16:49

dickler писал(а):
07 янв 2021, 16:23
I would like to know in which areas of the forum I can post in English. I've already noticed that the surname Dickler appears in Alexander Beider's surname dictionaries. Can I post in English on the topics of dictionaries and the topic of questions to Alexander Beider? Thank you
Лучшее, что тут можно сделать - это писать по-английски в любом разделе форума, но обязательно добавлять автоперевод на русский

The best solution is to post in both languages, in English (for the ease of comprehension) and simultaneously in Russian (using Google automatic translation, which is sometimes faulty, but always allows your posts to conform with the rules of the forum). Alexander Beider responds in English. With other areas of the forum, your mileage may vary, but it's usually the next best thing to try after attempting to get some answers directly in this thread.
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск), Лапицкий (Копысь, Киев)

NOGAPR

Витебск

#88 NOGAPR » 27 янв 2021, 10:51

Hello, I am a new user in this website. Looking for Ginzburg family in Vitebsk. Are there any recommendations for helpful websites?

oztech

#89 oztech » 27 янв 2021, 13:09

Sergjhn, странно, какая еще нужна помощь, если Вы его уже создали?
Григорий

johnshriver

#90 johnshriver » 29 янв 2021, 19:00

I would like to post to the "My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR" sub-forum, but there is no "New Topic" button that I can find. Is there a permission I need to be given?

Family is Tarnarutsky/Тарнаруцкий from Kremenchuk/Кременчу́г. I have documents to share about Chaim Shulim Tarnarutsky (Хаим Шулим Тарнаруцкий) and his children. I am looking for more information about his brother Eli (Илья/Эля/Эли) and their parents.

(I see I can now create a topic. Thank you!)

johnshriver

#91 johnshriver » 30 янв 2021, 15:35

In a Hebrew birth record from Kremenchug like this:
Mordechai Tarnarutsky Hebrew Birth Certificate.jpg
Is the "18XIII82" the date of birth or presentation/circumcision (18 December 1882), or is it the 18th male entry in the metrical book for the month of December for 1882?

I also have the Russian birth certificate transcription for Mordechai, and it gives the date of birth 7 December 1882.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

MCB
Благодарил (а): 2026 раз

#92 MCB » 30 янв 2021, 18:03

johnshriver писал(а):
30 янв 2021, 15:35
"18XIII82"
It was customary until the 1930s or 1940s to put calendar dates as date-Roman numeral for month-two digits for the year
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск), Лапицкий (Копысь, Киев)

daniel21

#93 daniel21 » 04 фев 2021, 16:24

Hi
My name is Daniel Ioszpe from Israel and i just registrated.
Looking for help for Surnames search (about 10 - have an excel file with
detailed Towns/areas and names) mainly in the years 1850-1900 and before
from Belarus,Lithuania and Ukrine today.
Searched already all JewishGen data bases.
Payment is possible if needed.
Regards
Daniel

Капитан Немо
Благодарил (а): 1552 раза

#94 Капитан Немо » 07 фев 2021, 02:23

daniel21 писал(а):
04 фев 2021, 16:24
Hi
My name is Daniel Ioszpe from Israel and i just registrated.
Looking for help for Surnames search (about 10 - have an excel file with
detailed Towns/areas and names) mainly in the years 1850-1900 and before
from Belarus,Lithuania and Ukrine today.
Searched already all JewishGen data bases.
Payment is possible if needed.
Regards
Daniel
Dear Daniel!
Please specify your last names.

TestWel

#95 TestWel » 07 фев 2021, 22:03

Does anyone know if the 1897 census records for Simferopol are available?
Family name in Simferopol: Shukhat
Thanks for your help.

Paul Moverman

#96 Paul Moverman » 08 фев 2021, 08:16

My name is Paul Moverman and I am interested in locating any files related to Moverman or Movermann families anywhere. I am also interested in locating any files for Kutzenco / Kutzenko families from Zhemrinka. Thank you for any help you might provide!

Jennifer23
Благодарил (а): 1 раз

#97 Jennifer23 » 08 фев 2021, 19:45

Hello all. This is my first post. I am a genealogist based in Baltimore always looking for new sources of information.

My personal research includes the following places and names:
Mendelsohn/Chanensohn/Hirschowitz in Bauska and Skaistkalne, Latvia. (I have already have extensive documentation from the Latvian archives.)
Fleishman in Savran and Balta (Podolia, Ukraine).
I also have deep roots in Galicia, in towns now in Ukraine, specifically Bolechow and Sniatyn. (surnames Jäger, Mittelmark, Kornbluh, Stanger, Krumbein)

My current research interests:
1.I just got the 1879 marriage record from Odessa of my great-grandfather to his first wife. It indicates he was a "subject of Moldova," which is completely new to me. I'm eager to learn more. His name as I knew it was Moshe "Cushman" or "Kushman" but the record -- and the birth records for his children in Odessa -- are under "Kuchmar." (Кучмар.) I know Moshe's father was Isaac, and that he had a brother Jacob. The mother's name on Moshe's death certificate from New York City is Americanized to "Bessie FASS" and I have no idea if it's accurate. Eager to see if I can find where in "Moldova" he was from. Preliminary searches suggest Bessarabia.

2. I found a 1906 Polish language newspaper account of the trial of a cousin in Šiauliai, Lithuania. He was on trial for war crimes for trying to free political prisoners from a jail. I have his name and the names of his attorney. What might be the best way to find accounts from papers in Lithuania and/or the court records?

I'm not exactly sure which forums to post those specific queries to.
Thanks so much.
Jennifer Mendelsohn

katz12new

#98 katz12new » 08 фев 2021, 21:35

This is my first post. I am researching the following families from Novograd-Volinskiy: Katz; Tepper. My grandfather was Mordko Katz, son of Simcha, born in 1893. His wife was Feiga Liba Tepper, daughter of Volko, birth date unknown. I am also searching for Chilik Schapiro, probably born around 1895, and lived either in Rivne (Rovno) or Novograd-Volinskiy or in some other nearby town. Thank you.

Gblugerman
Благодарил (а): 1 раз

Joseph Kreimer

#99 Gblugerman » 09 фев 2021, 03:46

Hallo Im looking info about my ancestor Joseph Kreimer Креймер? and his family that live from Obodivka in Podolia with Baron Hirsch colonization to Argentina in 1894. Other family member in the group waas David Korman.
Thaanks in advance.

drblugerman@gmail.com

Капитан Немо
Благодарил (а): 1552 раза

#100 Капитан Немо » 09 фев 2021, 09:51

TestWel писал(а):
07 фев 2021, 22:03
Does anyone know if the 1897 census records for Simferopol are available?
Family name in Simferopol: Shukhat
Thanks for your help.
There is a Shukhat in Kharkiv before the revolution. But they are Mogilev philistines.

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»