LEIBSON (Zaslav) / ЛЕЙБСОН (Изяслав)

Модератор: anno_nin

guyfl
Благодарил (а): 6 раз

#1 guyfl » 02 янв 2018, 02:11

My great-grandfather, Noach Yitzchok (Isak) Leibson, came from Izyaslav, Russian Empire, according to the USA immigration record. (It said "Zaslav".)
He was born in 1873 and died in 1948 in the USA.
His parents were Menachem Mendel and Pearl.
I wrote to various Ukrainian archives (translating using Google Translate), but they responded saying that they had no records, or that some records were lost in the war, etc.

N.Y. Leibson left for the USA on a ship called the Bremen from Hamburg, Germany in 1912.
He came with his wife, Eva (Yocheved, 1877-1953) nee Gorsky and their children, Shmuel (Sam), Moshe Mendel (Max), Pearl, and Charlie (I don't recall his Jewish name).

Yocheved's father was Moshe.

I would be interested in learning more about these people and people missing from the tree (parents, siblings).

Thanks very much in advance.
Guy Levin
Searching - LEIBSON, GORSKY in Izyaslav
SLOMSKY - Suvalk (Lithuania)
LECINSKY - Odessa
POLSKY - Kiev

Elena G.
Благодарил (а): 591 раз
Контактная информация:

Thread for questions and answers in English

#2 Elena G. » 02 янв 2018, 02:39

guyfl,
Probably the first step is to make sure that your great grandfather was indeed from Izyaslav. What are the sources of this information? Have you found his WWI registration card? Do you have his naturalisation application? It would be helpful if you could upload here his shipping records with 'Zaslav' or provide the exact details about their arrival.
Кабо - Люцин (Лудза), Латвия; Новозлатополь, Мариуполь, Бердянск; Кручик - Беларусь, Литва, Бердянск; Крючков - Бердянск; Губергриц - Таганрог и Приазовье; Безчинский- Бердянск, Таганрог, Приазовье, Аргентина; Иоголевич - Литва (?), Павлоград, кол. Графская, Пологи, Приазовье, Харбин; Ямпольский - Александровск; Энгель - Бердянск, Орехов, Екатеринослав; Таубер - Львов, Бердянск, Таганрог, Стамбул

anno_nin
Благодарил (а): 1788 раз

LEIBSON / ЛЕЙБСОН

#3 anno_nin » 02 янв 2018, 13:23

guyfl писал(а): My great-grandfather, Noach Yitzchok (Isak) Leibson, came from Izyaslav, Russian Empire, according to the USA immigration record. (It said "Zaslav".)
He was born in 1873 and died in 1948 in the USA.
His parents were Menachem Mendel and Pearl.
I wrote to various Ukrainian archives (translating using Google Translate), but they responded saying that they had no records, or that some records were lost in the war, etc.

N.Y. Leibson left for the USA on a ship called the Bremen from Hamburg, Germany in 1912.
He came with his wife, Eva (Yocheved, 1877-1953) nee Gorsky and their children, Shmuel (Sam), Moshe Mendel (Max), Pearl, and Charlie (I don't recall his Jewish name).

Yocheved's father was Moshe.

I would be interested in learning more about these people and people missing from the tree (parents, siblings).

Thanks very much in advance.
Мой прадед Ноах-Ицхак (Ной-Исаак) Лейбзон прибыл из Изяслава, РИ. Так указано в эмиграционной записи (Там написано Заслав)
Он родился в 1873 и умер в США в 1948
Его родители: Менахем Мендель и Перл
Я писал в различные Украинские архивы (перевод с помощью гугл-транслейт), но все отвечали что записи не сохранились или утрачены во время войны.
Ноах-Ицхок Лейбзон прибыл в США на корабле Бремен из Гамбурга в 1912 с женой Евой (Йохевед Моисеевной Горской, 1877-1953), и детьми Шмуэлем (Сэм), Моше Менделем (Макс), Перл и Чарли (не знаю его еврейское имя).
Мне бы хотелось узнать больше о них, их родителях, братьях и сестрах.

oztech
Благодарил (а): 578 раз

LEIBSON / ЛЕЙБСОН

#4 oztech » 02 янв 2018, 14:00

guyfl писал(а): nee Gorsky
This surname is often mentioned in the topic РЕМЗ, i.e.
Liubov Gorskaya писал(а): Отцом моего отца ( т е мой дед) записан Горский Борис Владиславович. Отец мой носит его фамилию и я тоже
My grandpa is Boris Gorsky. This is the surname of my father and mine.
Григорий

guyfl

#5 guyfl » 03 янв 2018, 06:13

oztech писал(а):
guyfl писал(а): nee Gorsky
This surname is often mentioned in the topic РЕМЗ, i.e.
Liubov Gorskaya писал(а): Отцом моего отца ( т е мой дед) записан Горский Борис Владиславович. Отец мой носит его фамилию и я тоже
My grandpa is Boris Gorsky. This is the surname of my father and mine.
No connection, but thank you for trying. The other person is from Lithuania; mine from Ukraine (Izyaslav).

Should I submit my query to another forum? (I can translate it to Russian if necessary)
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

guyfl

#6 guyfl » 03 янв 2018, 06:52

Elena G. писал(а): guyfl,
Probably the first step is to make sure that your great grandfather was indeed from Izyaslav. What are the sources of this information? Have you found his WWI registration card? Do you have his naturalisation application? It would be helpful if you could upload here his shipping records with 'Zaslav' or provide the exact details about their arrival.

My source was a ship manifest. I can't find it at the moment, but it said "Zaslav" and "Russian Empire", since it was before the revolution. I'll try to find the document and upload it.
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

anno_nin

#7 anno_nin » 03 янв 2018, 08:39

guyfl писал(а): Should I submit my query to another forum? (I can translate it to Russian if necessary)
No need to submit the theme to another forum.
The Russian translation will be helpful - more forum participants can join the discussion.

anno_nin

#8 anno_nin » 03 янв 2018, 08:43

guyfl писал(а): My source was a ship manifest.
The ship manifest contain 2 more people: the relative, left in Russia and the relative, to whom the person arrive. With relation and, sometimes, address.
Also the occupation can be helpful.

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Благодарил (а): 557 раз
Контактная информация:

#9 Дмитрий Широчин » 03 янв 2018, 16:48

Are you sure that there is "Zaslav" in the ship manifest? Could it be "Zaslavl" (schtetel in Minsk uezd, Minsk guberniya)? Other words, are you sure that your Leibsons were from Ukraine? Could they be from Belarus?
http://j-roots.info/
GENEALOGIJA ir ISTORIJA, UAB. "Мои": Гойхман (Рашков), Марголис (Двинск, Вильна), Устрайх (Витебская губерния), Тейтельбаум (Полоцк), Рапопорт (Лепельский уезд, Двинск), Кельман (Кишинев)

Elena G.
Контактная информация:

#10 Elena G. » 04 янв 2018, 01:04

guyfl,
The first step of the mystery is solved. I found the shipping records, some USA census records and Yitzchok/Isadore death records. The American spelling of the surname was Leibson, not Liebson.
According to the shipping records Iczik and his son Schmul arrived in 1911 (not 1912) to Philadelphia and the name of the ship was Koln (not Bremen).
The place of origin in the shipping records is indeed Zaslaw, while Iczik's wife place of residence (she stayed in Russia in 1911) is recorded as 'Zaslawl, Woly', which must be Zaslavl/Iziaslav of Volyn Province (Government).
Кабо - Люцин (Лудза), Латвия; Новозлатополь, Мариуполь, Бердянск; Кручик - Беларусь, Литва, Бердянск; Крючков - Бердянск; Губергриц - Таганрог и Приазовье; Безчинский- Бердянск, Таганрог, Приазовье, Аргентина; Иоголевич - Литва (?), Павлоград, кол. Графская, Пологи, Приазовье, Харбин; Ямпольский - Александровск; Энгель - Бердянск, Орехов, Екатеринослав; Таубер - Львов, Бердянск, Таганрог, Стамбул

Elena G.
Контактная информация:

#11 Elena G. » 04 янв 2018, 01:22

I attach also shipping records of Iczik's wife Yocheved with children in 1914. They are coming from Zaslav. The place of residence of her mother unfortunately is crossed out, but it seems to be in Wolyn Province.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

guyfl

Лейбсон / Горский - Заслав / Изяслав

#12 guyfl » 04 янв 2018, 06:39

Greetings, שלום

["Гугл переводчик"; Мой русский не очень хорош, и я не могу его напечатать. Я извиняюсь за ошибки.]

Мой прадед, Ноах Ицхок (Исак) Лейбсон, приехал из Изяслава, Российская империя, согласно иммиграционной записи США. (Он сказал «Заслав»).
Я видел запись, но я пропустил ее и заказал новую, но, я помню, в ней были слова «Заслав, Российская империя».
Он родился в 1873 году и умер в 1948 году в Соединенных Штатах.
Его родителями были Менахем Мендель и Перл.
Я писал в различные украинские архивы, но они ответили, что у них нет записей или что записи были потеряны на войне и т. Д.

В 1912 году Н. И. Лейбсон отправился в США на корабль под названием Бремен из Германии, Германия.
Он пришел со своей женой Евой ( Йохевед, 1877-1953), рожденный Горским и их детьми, Шмуэль (Сэм), Моше Мендель (Макс), Перл и Чарли (я не помню его еврейского имени).

Отец Йохведа был Моше.

Мне было бы интересно узнать больше об этих людях и людях, которые исчезли с дерева (родители, братья и сестры).

Что ты предлагаешь?

"Thank you very much in advance!"
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

oztech

#13 oztech » 04 янв 2018, 12:03

guyfl, it is no need for identical threads in different sections of the forum.
Григорий

guyfl

#14 guyfl » 05 янв 2018, 06:38

Elena G., Thank you! Where did you find these documents? I remember having the ship manifest. Also, it looks like your post viewtopic.php?p=154598#p154598 has two identical pages. Is it possible there is another page?

anno_nin, it looks like these manifests do not mention relatives left behind.
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

Elena G.
Контактная информация:

#15 Elena G. » 05 янв 2018, 06:51

guyfl писал(а): Elena G., Thank you! Where did you find these documents? I remember having the ship manifest. Also, it looks like your post viewtopic.php?p=154598#p154598 has two identical pages. Is it possible there is another page?

Indeed! I have added the first page of the ship manifest for Yochoved.
Iczik's manifest has Yochoved in the column 11 (nearest relative in the country of origin).
Yochoved's manifest has her mother in the column 11.
The documents are from the Ancestry.com website.

guyfl

#16 guyfl » 05 янв 2018, 07:27

Elena G. писал(а):
guyfl писал(а): Elena G., Thank you! Where did you find these documents? I remember having the ship manifest. Also, it looks like your post viewtopic.php?p=154598#p154598 has two identical pages. Is it possible there is another page?

Indeed! I have added the first page of the ship manifest for Yochoved.
Iczik's manifest has Yochoved in the column 11 (nearest relative in the country of origin).
Yochoved's manifest has her mother in the column 11.
The documents are from the Ancestry.com website.
I discovered some of them on FamilySearch, too. I have a very hard time making out the name you refer to. It looks like it begins with RA; maybe that is a place name? It looks like Ranin or Ramin, neither of which make sense.
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

Elena G.
Контактная информация:

#17 Elena G. » 05 янв 2018, 08:08

I did some more search and found that Yochoded arrived in 1914, not 1912, as I thought (I have corrected the date in the above post). Also important that she and her children were crossed out in the above manifest. This suggestы that they probably did not arrive by this ship. And indeed I found their arrival to New York a month later. It looks that Yochved got sick while travelling, they were stranded somewhere in Germany, but finally managed to board another ship. All this was happening as the World War I has just broke out. I can imagine what a happy reunion they had when they finally landed in America.
In this shipping manifest the name of the mother is easy to read.
Summary in Russian. Оказалось, что Йохвед с детьми прибыла в 1914 году и не на том пароходе, что пришел в Филадельфию, где в пассажирских списках ее имя было вычеркнуто, а на другом, который прибыл месяц спустя в Нью-Йорк. По дороге она заболела и застряла с детьми в Германии как раз в тот момент, когда началась первая мировая война.
В этом пассажирском списке имя ее матери написано ясно, но выглядит довольно странным.
У вас нет необходимых прав для просмотра вложений в этом сообщении.

oztech

#18 oztech » 05 янв 2018, 12:03

Elena G. писал(а): написано ясно, но выглядит довольно странным
По-русски похоже на Хана-Гитля, если так, то не очень странно.
Григорий

Дмитрий Широчин
Администратор
Благодарил (а): 557 раз
Контактная информация:

#19 Дмитрий Широчин » 05 янв 2018, 12:31

guyfl писал(а): I wrote to various Ukrainian archives (translating using Google Translate), but they responded saying that they had no records, or that some records were lost in the war...
Have you wrote to DAViO (State Archives of Vinnitza oblast) ?
http://j-roots.info/

GENEALOGIJA ir ISTORIJA, UAB. "Мои": Гойхман (Рашков), Марголис (Двинск, Вильна), Устрайх (Витебская губерния), Тейтельбаум (Полоцк), Рапопорт (Лепельский уезд, Двинск), Кельман (Кишинев)

guyfl

#20 guyfl » 08 янв 2018, 04:55

Дмитрий Широчин писал(а):
guyfl писал(а): I wrote to various Ukrainian archives (translating using Google Translate), but they responded saying that they had no records, or that some records were lost in the war...
Have you wrote to DAViO (State Archives of Vinnitza oblast) ?
Yes, that was one of places I wrote to a few years ago. Maybe with these additional names I have a better chance, but I don't know.
Guy Levin

LECINSKY - Odessa

POLSKY - Kiev

Ответить

Вернуться в «My Jewish Ancestry in Russia and USSR»