Staroselsky, Reidman / СТАРОСЕЛЬСКИЙ, РЕЙДМАН

momteller
Благодарил (а): 1 раз

#1 Сообщение momteller » 02 фев 2017, 21:39

Hello, My grandfather, Maische Staroselsky, was born in Naroditch (Narodici) , Ukraine. 1893? He then came to Chicago with his brother and sister. I read his brother's obituary recently from 50 years ago and it listed his siblings including one who stayed in Russia. It said even her married name! Esther Reidman (of course the spelling of the last name could be a little different). Her maiden name was Esther Staroselsky. Can anyone help me find the descendents of Esther Staroselsky Reidman? I don't know where to start. Thank you.

Мой дедушка Моше Старосельский из Народичей, Украина 1893? года рождения Затем он уехал в Чикаго с братом и сестрой. В манифесте его брата 50-летней давности он указал своих братьев и сестер, включая одну, оставшуюся в России. Ее зовут Эстер Рейдман (Старосельская). Помогите пожалуйста найти потомков Эстер. Не знаю с чего начать

MOCKBA
Благодарил (а): 623 раза

Thread for questions and answers in English

#2 Сообщение MOCKBA » 02 фев 2017, 22:09

momteller писал(а):Источник цитаты Esther Reidman

There are Reidermann's in the Yad Vashem listing for Narodichi (Народичи). It is near Khabno and there are several researchers in this group working on this period's records which are often well preserved in Kiev archives.
For the samplers, look in this thread, maybe with the assistance of Google translate. And if you know more about the family members, their years of life, occupations, and places of residence, then please do share, as it may be helpful
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=4656&p=102235&hilit=%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B8#p102235
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск)

Krekenava
Благодарил (а): 213 раз

#3 Сообщение Krekenava » 03 фев 2017, 05:26

Here is an example of the information you could find on Yad Vashem website the poster above mentioned:

http://yvng.yadvashem.org/index.html?la ... =narodichi

Forms for Reidermans here were filled out by their family members.
Some of the respondendts were living in Israel at the time ( 1991). That's one lead.

Another is looking for phone books for Narodichi or Kiev. May be members here can provide some clues.
And here is the result of the search for Staroselsky on this website, in its database.

searchdb_form.php
Шнейдер: Кракиново, Поневежис, Ковно, Петербург.
Михельсон: Митава, Петербург. Кричевский: Миргород, Лохвица, Ливенгоф, Лисичанск, Бахмут, Петербург.
Лорман: Орша, Петербург. Лебедев/Левидов: Митава, Рига, Петербург.
Давидов, Богельман, Янкелевич: Петербург. Дун: Лохвица. Трауберг: Одесса, Петербург.

momteller

#4 Сообщение momteller » 04 фев 2017, 18:40

Thank you so much. I'll let you know if I find anything. I also found a Reydman which is even closer.

mikev
Благодарил (а): 259 раз

#5 Сообщение mikev » 04 фев 2017, 19:21

One extra tool is to check this very forum for references to Reidman -- and in fact there are three: Balta, Odessa, and Tetiev. It is the last one that may be helpful.
There are at least two early 19th century censuses from Tetiev, plus what is mentioned at the link, there may be more. (The reason I know is because my family is from Tetiev, but I was not interested after 1832 when they moved out, but I sure have the earlier ones.). Geographically reasonably close and if Reidman is a monogenetic family, it is possible that Tetiev is the origin.

Good luck!

LOL. Ist ref at the link is to mine.

momteller

#6 Сообщение momteller » 15 фев 2017, 15:44

Thanks so much. Will follow up in a few weeks when I have more time. I will be in touch!

anno_nin
Благодарил (а): 760 раз

СТАРОСЕЛЬСКИЙ, РЕЙДЕРМАН / Staroselsky, Reidman

#7 Сообщение anno_nin » 23 мар 2017, 13:02

momteller писал(а):Источник цитаты I will be in touch!

Separated Your questions and answers in the family theme.

MOCKBA

#8 Сообщение MOCKBA » 11 окт 2017, 08:23

I spotted one Reidman family (of this specific spelling) in the early 1900s vital records for Khabno, where a few families were from Narodichi. But in the Khabno family, the wife's name was Toyba (Taube) rather than Ester. And husband David's link with Narodichi isn't clear because at the time, he was an agricultural colonist in Bobrik colony, and therefore his official registration no longer reflected his original hometown. Let me know if interested. The birth records have 4 or 5 names and birth dates of children.
Гоникберг (Могилев-Подольский, Ушицкий уезд, и повсюду), Прусс, Черницкий(Городок Витебской), Пальман (Витебск), Богин, Рудерман (Минск)

momteller

#9 Сообщение momteller » 12 окт 2017, 22:40

Thank you for thinking of me. The trouble is I am NOT related by blood to a Reidman. My great Aunt, Esther Staroselskaya, my grandfather's sister, married a Mr. Reidman (only mention is in my grandfather's obituary). She was the only one who stayed in Ukraine. I found several in Yad Vashem...a labor list...but I do not know how to find her husband's name. Then maybe I could find any descendents still living (doubtful but you never know). I don't really know how to find anything about this relative. They mention her in the 1960's in the obit but I don't even know if she was alive. Any other ideas? susan

MOCKBA

#10 Сообщение MOCKBA » 13 окт 2017, 18:19

MOCKBA писал(а):Источник цитаты Рейдманы, отец и отдельно живущий сын. Волько Аронов Рейдман 48 л. р. в Сквирском у. м. Новодорка. Ж. Эстер Срулева 48 р. Хабно. Дети Ривка 20, Шифра 18, Арель 16, Евель 14, Берко 12. Отдельно Дувид Вольков 28, ж. Тойба Нутова 25, сыновья Сруль 3, Янкель 1 м-ц
I spotted this Khabno area family in the 1897 Census as well, and there was an Esther (as cited), but most clearly not "yours" because her age was already 48 in 1897. She was a daughter of Srul (Yisroel) and she was born in Khabno

Вернуться в «My Russian Jewish Ancestry»